Assistant Prosecuting Attorney - Economic Crime
|Title:||Assistant Prosecuting Attorney - Economic Crime|
|Department:||Economic Crimes Unit|
Job Title: Assistant Prosecuting Attorney - ECU Salary: commensurate with experience
Department: Economic Crime Unit (ECU) Reports To: Unit Supervisor
ALL JOB OFFERS ARE MADE WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES PASS A DRUG TEST AND A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION PRIOR TO BEING HIRED.
FUNCTION: Economic Crime Assistant Prosecutors represent the State of Ohio in White Collar and Public Corruption crimes. Economic Crime Assistant Prosecutors practice before the Cuyahoga Common Pleas Court, and the Eighth District Court of Appeals and the Ohio Supreme Court.
- Assist in investigation by advising law enforcement agencies about search warrants, subpoenas and review of financial information;
- Attend arraignments to present the State’s position concerning bond;
- Prepare and litigate the State’s case before a judge or jury;
- Make contact with victims, witnesses and law enforcement agencies for trial preparation;
- Participate in pretrial conferences with defense counsel and at times the Court;
- Research and prepare or respond to pre-trial motions and advocate the State’s position at oral hearings;
- Research and respond to defense motions for discovery and advocate the State’s position at oral hearings;
- Participate in suppression hearings, forfeitures and other types of hearings dealing with both evidentiary and legal issues;
- Attend and participate in sentencing hearings;
- Research and prepare briefs in the Eighth District Court of Appeals and, if necessary, the Ohio Supreme Court;
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Must be available to meet and work outside the normal working hours for trial preparation and to advise law enforcement;
- Comfortable working with financial statements, bank statements and familiarity with basic accounting terms;
- Preferred experience (5+) in criminal felony jury trials;
- Must possess excellent research and writing skills; requisite understanding of relevant constitutional law and criminal procedure as well as basic accounting and math skills;
- Demonstrated success in dealing with federal investigators, and other outside agencies;
- Must be able to performs all other duties assigned, delegated or required of the Economic Crime Assistant Prosecutor as well as those prescribed by law;
- Must possess qualities of fairness, a strong work ethic, have the highest integrity; and must also maintain the confidentiality of law enforcement and investigatory records and other confidential information;
- Must be able to conduct business in accordance with federal statutes and guidelines, the Ohio Revised Code, and the Ohio Administrative Code.
Juris Doctorate; licensed and in good standing to practice law in the State of Ohio;
Upload a letter of interest including your e-mail address, resume, writing sample and three professional references via the online application process.
Click here to view and apply to available Prosecutor's Office Postings:
Direct any further questions about the application procedure to:
Human Resources Manager
All materials must arrive no later than 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, July 30, 2013.
Reasonable accommodation is available to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability that needs to be accommodated, please contact the Human Resources Department. This position is non-exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, as amended relative to overtime compensation.
Equal Opportunity Employer; Smoke-free and Drug-free Workplace
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications