Job Title: Intake Officer - Department: Investigation Division
Reports To: Unit Supervisor Salary: $29,628.34 – $35,554.01
FUNCTION: Provides case management support to supervisor and prosecutors. Prepares incoming cases for prosecution by reviewing and electronically updating case information. Incorporates both electronically and manually submitted case information from police departments and various other agencies into the electronic case file. Prepares motions and provides basic legal clerical support to staff attorneys.
- Maintains legal files (both paper & electronic); prepares and sets up files, organizes documents, and files documents in designated order; retrieves/replaces files;
- Prepares, types, proofreads and processes legal and administrative correspondence and documents;
- Adheres to legal document standards to ensure proper format and completeness for court acceptance; Performs case intake by evaluating submitted case materials and incorporating the information into the electronic case file;
- Communicates with clients, opposing counsel, courts, law enforcement agencies and the general public;
- Inputs, retrieves, updates and deletes information using computerized databases;
- Completes quality assurance review of criminal cases by verifying case information for accuracy and completeness and by researching and correcting discrepancies;
- Sorts, opens, logs, and distributes incoming mail (both paper and electronic);
- Attaches incoming correspondence to case files and routes items needing immediate response to the appropriate party;
- May transcribe legal dictation, recorded interviews or phone calls;
- Performs all other duties assigned, delegated or required of the Intake Officer as well as those prescribed by law;
- Conducts business in accordance with federal statutes and guidelines, the Ohio Revised Code, and the Ohio Administrative Code.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform in a professional manner under stress when confronted with tight deadlines.
- Ability to record and deliver information, to explain procedures and to follow instructions.
- Applies excellent interpersonal skills, including effective oral and written communication.
- Demonstrates flexibility, adaptability, dependability, problem-solving skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrates a professional attitude and appearance and has excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to comprehend a variety of legal documents and court documents including rulings, judgments, indictments, plea agreements, sentencing documents, motions, appeals, subpoenas, expungements, court dockets, mail, forms, reports, memos and correspondence;
- Must possess qualities of fairness, a strong work ethic, have the highest integrity; and must also maintain the confidentiality of law enforcement and investigatory records and other confidential information.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent with two years or more of administrative experience, with one year being in a legal field; or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Proficiency in computer skills including: Microsoft Windows and other Microsoft products (Word/Excel), and database experience.
Upload a letter of interest including your e-mail address, resume, and three professional references via the online application process.
Click here to view and apply to available Prosecutor's Office Postings:
Direct any further questions about the application procedure to:
Human Resources Manager
All materials must arrive no later than 2:00 p.m. Friday, August 30, 2013.
ALL JOB OFFERS ARE MADE WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES PASS A DRUG TEST AND A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION PRIOR TO BEING HIRED. THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO CIVIL SERVICE LAWS UNDER SECTION 124 OF THE OHIO REVISED CODE.
Reasonable accommodation is available to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability that needs to be accommodated, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Equal Opportunity Employer; Smoke-free and Drug-free Workplace
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications