Personnel Officer 1
|Title:||Personnel Officer 1|
DescriptionJob Title: Personnel Officer 1 (Prosecutor’s Only) Department: Administration
Reports To: Human Resources Manager Salary: $34,984.83 to $41,980.50
FUNCTION: The purpose of this classification is to assist the Human Resources Manager (Manager) in providing comprehensive personnel services in the areas of employment, benefits, personnel policy administration, employee relations and staff development.
- Assists the Manager in the recruitment of employees, including creating job postings, logging, reviewing and screening resumes, administering skills assessments, coordinating and conducting interviews and contacting references, and coordinating completion of employment paperwork by new employee;
- Provides human resources services to employees in the areas of employment and benefits including benefits open enrollment, health and wellness programs, FMLA leave;
- Responds to employment questions from the general public and Prosecutor’s employees;
- Assists with the employee discipline process including gathering statements, investigating complaints, attending disciplinary hearings and generating reports;
- Coordinates the distribution and receipt of employee performance evaluations;
- Generates routine and ad hoc reports and provides clerical support to the department;
- Inputs changes in personnel system as directed by Manager;
- Attends and participates in group meetings and trainings; and
- Performs all other duties assigned, delegated or required of the Personnel Officer 1 as well as those prescribed by law.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to comprehend a variety of informational documents including payroll reports and records, employment applications, personnel forms, position descriptions, personnel files and other reports and records.
- Ability to comprehend a variety of reference books and manuals including computer manuals, software manuals, Ohio Revised Code and personnel policy manuals.
- Ability to prepare personnel actions, performance evaluations, attendance reports, and other job related documents using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Ability to supervise and counsel employees, to convince and influence others, to record and deliver information, to explain procedures, to follow instructions.
- Ability to use and interpret personnel terminology and language.
- Ability to communicate with employees, general public, Human Resource Manager, and other supervisors. Requires the ability to perform basic level of data analysis including the ability to review, classify, categorize, prioritize and/or reference data, statutes and/or guidelines and/or group, rank, investigate and problem solve.
- Must possess qualities of fairness, a strong work ethic, have the highest integrity; and must also maintain the confidentiality of law enforcement and investigatory records and other confidential information.
- Must be able to conduct business in accordance with federal statutes and guidelines, the Ohio Revised Code, and the Ohio Administrative Code.
Vocational education in business administration or human resources with two years of human resource experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience; must demonstrate command of Microsoft Office
Upload a letter of interest including your e-mail address, resume, and three professional references via the online application process at:
Direct any further questions about the application procedure to:
Human Resources Manager
All materials must arrive no later than 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 5, 2013
ALL JOB OFFERS ARE MADE WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES PASS A DRUG TEST AND A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION PRIOR TO BEING HIRED. THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO CIVIL SERVICE LAWS UNDER SECTION 124 OF THE OHIO REVISED CODE.
Reasonable accommodation is available to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability that needs to be accommodated, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Equal Opportunity Employer; Smoke-free and Drug-free Workplace
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications