Public Information Officer - ICAC
|Title:||Public Information Officer - ICAC|
|Department:||Major Trial Unit|
Job Title: Public Information Officer - ICAC Department: Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC)
Reports To: Unit Supervisor Salary: $34,984 to $41,980.50
- FUNCTION: The purpose of this classification is to perform public information and public relations tasks, to plan, coordinate and conduct outreach presentations and trainings to local schools and community organizations that contain information on how children can stay safe while utilizing the Internet for the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office.
- Performs public information and public relations tasks for Prosecutor’s Office Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force;
- Administers and participates in community outreach programs and projects; conducts presentations; plans and conducts trainings, secures supplemental materials;
- Maintains proper communications channels with affiliated law enforcement agencies;
- Represents the Task Force before various boards;
- Performs a wide variety of routine clerical work including sorting, filing, copying, verifying, recording information on records, and sending correspondence or notices when necessary.
- Attends and participates in group meetings and trainings; and
- Performs all other duties assigned, delegated or required of the Public Information Officer - ICAC as well as those prescribed by law.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to comprehend a variety of informational documents including media/consumer requests for information, statistical reports, case updates and committee reports, and other reports and records.
- Ability to comprehend a variety of reference books and manuals including Ohio Revised Code, grant guidelines, National ICAC Guides, Ohio Administrative Code, Federal Register, legal journals.
- Ability to prepare speeches, invoices, outreach programs, vehicle mileage reports, reports, announcements, memoranda of understanding, policy statements, and other job related documents using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Ability to convince and influence others, to record and deliver information, to explain procedures, to follow instructions.
- Ability to use and interpret legal terminology and language.
- Ability to communicate with media, advocacy groups, customers, lawyers, judges, school and community leaders, law enforcement personnel, directors, managers, support staff, legislators and elected officials.
- Must possess qualities of fairness, a strong work ethic, have the highest integrity; and must also maintain the confidentiality of law enforcement and investigatory records and other confidential information;
- Must be able to conduct business in accordance with federal statutes and guidelines, the Ohio Revised Code, and the Ohio Administrative Code.
Associates degree in public relations, communications or law enforcement related field with three (3) years of previous experience in law enforcement and public speaking, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Upload a letter of interest including your e-mail address, resume and three professional references via the online application process.
Click here to view and apply to available Prosecutor's Office Postings:
Direct any further questions about the application procedure to:
Human Resources Manager
Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office
Justice Center, 9th Floor
1200 Ontario Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
ALL JOB OFFERS ARE MADE WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES PASS A DRUG TEST AND A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION PRIOR TO BEING HIRED. THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO CIVIL SERVICE LAWS UNDER SECTION 124 OF THE OHIO REVISED CODE.
All materials must be uploaded no later than 2:00 p.m. Thursday, May 23, 2013.
Reasonable accommodation is available to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability that needs to be accommodated, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Equal Opportunity Employer; Smoke-free and Drug-free Workplace
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications