Assistant Prosecuting Attorney - Child Support
|Title:||Assistant Prosecuting Attorney - Child Support|
|Department:||Child Support Unit|
Job Title: Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Department: Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA)
Reports To: Unit Supervisor Salary: $52,101.72
FUNCTION: Assistant Prosecutors in the Child Support Units represent the local child support enforcement agency in civil matters. Assistant Prosecutors in the child support units practice before the Cuyahoga Common Pleas Domestic Relations Court and Cuyahoga County Juvenile Court;
- Review of documents and drafting of pleadings on behalf of CSEA in relation to the establishment of paternity and child support, the enforcement of child support orders, and miscellaneous related issues;
- Participate in pretrial conferences with opposing counsel, the Court; and with pro se litigants,
- Prepare and advocate the CSEA’s position in pretrial motions and briefs;
- Prepare and respond to defense motions for discovery and pretrial motions;
- Participate in various types of hearings dealing with both evidentiary and legal issues;
- Prepare and litigate the CSEA’s case before a magistrate or judge;
- Attend and participate in purge review/imposition of sentence hearings;
- Provide CSEA with written legal opinions on court entries/legal issues;
- Prepare and argue the CSEA’s brief in the Eighth District Court of Appeals and if need be, the Ohio Supreme Court.
- Performs all other duties assigned, delegated or required of the Assistant Prosecuting Attorney as well as those prescribed by law;
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Preferred knowledge of computers and computer operating systems;
- Must possess excellent research and writing skills; requisite understanding of relevant legal issues related to family support matters;
- Ability to effectively interact with an agency client as well as other outside agencies;
- Must possess qualities of fairness, a strong work ethic, have the highest integrity; and must also maintain the confidentiality of law enforcement and investigatory records and other confidential information;
- Must be able to conduct business in accordance with federal statutes and guidelines, the Ohio Revised Code, and the Ohio Administrative Code.
Juris Doctorate; licensed and in good standing to practice law in the State of Ohio;
Upload a letter of interest including your e-mail address, resume, writing sample and three professional references via the online application process.
Click here to view and apply to available Prosecutor's Office Postings:
Direct any further questions about the application procedure to:
Human Resources Manager
Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office
Position Open Until Filled
ALL JOB OFFERS ARE MADE WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES PASS A DRUG TEST AND A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION PRIOR TO BEING HIRED.
Reasonable accommodation is available to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability that needs to be accommodated, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Equal Opportunity Employer; Smoke-free and Drug-free Workplace
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications