Help Desk Technician 2
|Title:||Help Desk Technician 2|
Job Title: Help Desk Technician 2 Department: Information Services
Reports To: Unit Supervisor Salary: $37,662.00 to $45,194.00
FUNCTION: The purpose of this classification is to respond to incoming calls and provide problem determination and resolution and monitor computer systems to minimize interruptions in computer service. This classification requires strong communication skills and working knowledge of computer equipment and operating systems used by the Prosecutor’s Office, County Courts, and other County departments.
- Answers phone lines and provides problem determination and resolution; troubleshoots equipment problems and fixes problems; supports customers with scheduled and non-scheduled network and mainframe outages; logs problems and status and enters into problem tracking system; monitors problems logged onto problem tracking system and follows up or escalates according to schedules; assists customers with user guides and password resets.
- Visits and supports offsite locations, such as CFS, Juvenile Center, Court Rooms, etc.; troubleshoots desktop and laptop computers, printers, fax machines, and/or other peripheral devices; sets up audio and video equipment for trial use.
- Performs support and training for end user software; assists users in a variety of software systems, such as Justice Matters, CRIME, SharePoint, etc.
- Supports/assist users with a variety of technical functions; assists users in printing posters, photos, and documents for use in trials; converts all types of media into digital file formats; redacts audio and video files per Prosecutor requests; conducts research on new and current technology and presents findings to management.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory integrity; ensures proper levels of computer equipment, parts and supplies are available for department use.
- Attends and participates in group meetings and trainings; and
- Performs all other duties assigned, delegated or required of the Help Desk Technician 2 as well as those prescribed by law.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to comprehend a variety of informational documents including emails, forms, reports, memos and correspondence
- Ability to comprehend a variety of reference books and manuals including computer software manual and policies and procedure manuals.
- Ability to prepare presentations, reports, helpdesk ticket responses, emails, and other job related documents using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals within and outside the Department.
- Ability to use and interpret general computer terminology and language.
- Ability to communicate with vendors, co-workers, supervisors, and employees and managers of other departments.
- Must possess qualities of fairness, a strong work ethic, have the highest integrity; and must also maintain the confidentiality of law enforcement and investigatory records and other confidential information;
- Must be able to conduct business in accordance with federal statutes and guidelines, the Ohio Revised Code, and the Ohio Administrative Code.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Associate’s degree in computer science and three (3) years of personal computer, mainframe, network or communications experience including troubleshooting and resolving of computer problems; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Must have experience troubleshooting Windows 7 PCs.
Upload a letter of interest including your e-mail address, resume and three professional references via the online application process.
Click here to view and apply to available Prosecutor's Office Postings:
Direct any further questions about the application procedure to:
Human Resources Manager
Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office
Justice Center, 9th Floor
1200 Ontario Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
ALL JOB OFFERS ARE MADE WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES PASS A DRUG TEST AND A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION PRIOR TO BEING HIRED. THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO CIVIL SERVICE LAWS UNDER SECTION 124 OF THE OHIO REVISED CODE.
All materials must be uploaded no later than 2:00 p.m. Monday, July 8, 2013.
Reasonable accommodation is available to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability that needs to be accommodated, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Equal Opportunity Employer; Smoke-free and Drug-free Workplace
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications