Legal Secretary 1 - Tax Foreclosure
|Title:||Legal Secretary 1 - Tax Foreclosure|
Job Title: Legal Secretary 1 Department: Tax Foreclosure Unit
Reports To: Unit Supervisor Salary: $29,628.34
FUNCTION: Employees in this job perform a variety of legal secretarial duties such as preparing legal documents and correspondence, maintaining legal files, and providing information to others. The work requires knowledge of legal, secretarial, office practices. This job is responsible for the full range of duties assigned.
- Maintains legal files (both paper & electronic); prepares and sets up files, organizes documents, and files documents in designated order; retrieves/replaces files;
- Prepares, types, enters, proofreads and processes legal and administrative correspondence and documents;
- Adheres to legal document standards to ensure proper format and completeness for court acceptance;
- Communicates with clients, opposing counsel, courts, law enforcement agencies and the general public;
- Updates case information;
- Determines need for and requests supplies, equipment, and repair and maintenance services through agency channels;
- Provides reception desk support as needed;
- Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls; responds to inquiries;
- Inputs, retrieves, updates and deletes information using computerized databases;
- Verifies information for accuracy and completeness;
- Assists with projects for supervisor, assistant prosecuting attorneys which includes the creation of spreadsheets, memos, and/or power point presentations;
- Performs all other duties assigned, delegated or required of the Legal Secretary as well as those prescribed by law;
- Conducts business in accordance with federal statutes and guidelines, the Ohio Revised Code, and the Ohio Administrative Code.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform in a professional manner under stress when confronted with tight deadlines;
- Ability to record and deliver information, to explain procedures and to follow instructions
- Applies excellent interpersonal skills, including effective oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates flexibility, adaptability, dependability, problem-solving skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Demonstrates a professional attitude and appearance and has excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to comprehend a variety of legal documents and court documents including rulings, judgments, indictments, plea agreements, sentencing documents, rulings, motions, appeals, subpoenas, expungements, court dockets, mail, forms, reports, memos and correspondence;
- Must possess qualities of fairness, a strong work ethic, have the highest integrity; and must also maintain the confidentiality of law enforcement and investigatory records and other confidential information.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED supplemented by vocational training or coursework in business, paralegal, or law enforcement or a related field and two (2) years experience including public contact and clerical work, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Proficiency in computer skills including: Microsoft Windows and other Microsoft products (Word/Excel), database experience.
Upload a letter of interest including your e-mail address, resume and three professional references via the online application process at:
Direct any further questions about the application procedure to:
Human Resources Manager
ALL JOB OFFERS ARE MADE WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES PASS A DRUG TEST AND A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION PRIOR TO BEING HIRED. THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO CIVIL SERVICE LAWS UNDER SECTION 124 OF THE OHIO REVISED CODE.
All materials must arrive no later than 2:00 p.m. Thursday, September 26, 2013.
Reasonable accommodation is available to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability that needs to be accommodated, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Equal Opportunity Employer; Smoke-free and Drug-free Workplace
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications