Fiscal Officer 2
|Title:||Fiscal Officer 2|
|Department:||Finance and Operations|
Job Title: Fiscal Officer 2 (Prosecutor’s Office Only) Department: Finance and Operations
Reports To: Director of Finance and Operations Salary: $45,697.60 to $63,980.80
FUNCTION: Assists the Director of Finance and Operations for the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office (CCPO) with budget preparation and development and monitors and maintains the existing operating budget including the preparation of financial management reports, and grant reporting. Coordinates the procurement of equipment and supplies (including Informal Requests for Proposal, maintaining office supplies and equipment, compiling data on vendor performance for evaluation and contract compliance.)
- Performs duties relating to fiscal activities for the CCPO (e.g.-maintains the handling and reporting of federal grants; coordinates grant allocations and reimbursements; participates in budget preparation; monitors reimbursement of federal monies or expenditure of funds for state and subcontractor programs; assists in fund distribution to various accounts).
- Performs duties relating to purchasing activities for the CCPO (e.g.- prepares Request for Proposal, and Requests for Qualifications; solicits bids; prepares contracts, processes payable vouchers and travel reimbursements; assists in fund distribution to various accounts; assists with inventory control).
- Prepares, and maintains records, reports, studies and or correspondence related to fiscal activities and operations (e.g.- analytical reports of fiscal operations, statistical financial statements, cash flow projections, staffing forecasts, expenditure reports, cost allocation plans, inventory reports, federal grant budget revisions and summaries, correspondence concerning status of payments or department policy explanations, reports regarding action to be taken to improve department fiscal operation; and responds to budget inquiries).
- Performs administrative duties (e.g. – represents the department at various meetings, seminars and conferences; records and processes payments; interacts with other County Offices.)
- Performs all other duties assigned, delegated or required of the Fiscal Officer 2 as well as those prescribed by law;
- Conducts business in accordance with federal statutes and guidelines, the Ohio Revised Code, and the Ohio Administrative Code.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform in a professional manner under stress when confronted with tight deadlines;
- Ability to record and deliver information, to explain procedures and to follow instructions;
- Ability to comprehend a variety of informational documents including financial reports, statistical reports, invoice vouchers, payroll forms, indirect cost plans, contracts and other reports and records;
- Ability to comprehend a variety of reference books and manuals including Ohio Revised Code, state reporting requirements, purchasing manuals, personnel policy manuals and administrative procedures.
- Ability to communicate with directors, managers, supervisors, other County employees, state and federal employees, contractors, vendors, consultants and the general public.
- Ability to prepare financial statements, statistical reports, contracts, budgets, budget projections, vouchers, Board resolutions, supplies inventory, purchasing documents, letters, memoranda, payroll documents, and other job related documents using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style;
- Must possess qualities of fairness, a strong work ethic, have the highest integrity; and must also maintain the confidentiality of law enforcement and investigatory records and other confidential information.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree in business, accounting, finance or related field with one year of accounting, fiscal or budget experience; experience in County finance and procurement preferred. Proficiency in computer skills including: Microsoft Windows and other Microsoft products (Word/Excel), database experience.
Upload a letter of interest including your e-mail address, resume and three professional references via the online application process.
Click here to view and apply to available Prosecutor's Office Postings:
Direct any further questions about the application procedure to:
Human Resources Manager
Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office
Justice Center, 9th Floor
1200 Ontario Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
ALL JOB OFFERS ARE MADE WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES PASS A DRUG TEST AND A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION PRIOR TO BEING HIRED. THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO CIVIL SERVICE LAWS UNDER SECTION 124 OF THE OHIO REVISED CODE.
All materials must arrive no later than 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, May 29, 2013.
Reasonable accommodation is available to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability that needs to be accommodated, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Equal Opportunity Employer; Smoke-free and Drug-free Workplace
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications