Assistant Prosecuting Attorney - Major Trial ICAC
|Title:||Assistant Prosecuting Attorney - Major Trial ICAC|
|Department:||Major Trial Unit|
Job Title: Assistant Prosecuting Attorney - Department: Internet Crimes Against Children
Major Trial (MT) – ICAC (ICAC)
Reports To: Unit Supervisor Salary: commensurate with experience
FUNCTION: Major Trial ICAC Assistant Prosecutors represent the State of Ohio in criminal matters involving the online exploitation of children. Major Trial ICAC Assistant Prosecutors practice before the Cuyahoga Common Pleas Court, the Cuyahoga County Juvenile Court, the Eighth District Court of Appeals and the Ohio Supreme Court.
- Prepare and litigate the State’s case before a judge or jury;
- Make contact with victims, witnesses and law enforcement agencies for trial preparation;
- Participate in pretrial conferences with defense counsel and at times the Court;
- Research and prepare or respond to pre-trial motions and advocate the State’s position at oral hearings;
- Research and respond to defense motions for discovery and advocate the State’s position at oral hearings;
- Participate in suppression hearings, forfeitures and other types of hearings dealing with both evidentiary and legal issues;
- Attend and participate in sentencing hearings;
- Research and prepare briefs in the Eighth District Court of Appeals and, if necessary, the Ohio Supreme Court;
- Prepare search warrants for residences, Internet accounts, cell phone accounts, and electronic storage devices;
- Review computer forensic analysis reports;
- Draft criminal complaints and indictments;
- Present cases to the Grand Jury;
- Participate in community outreach events, including, but not limited to, parent and student presentations on the dangers of the Internet
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Must be available to meet and work outside the normal working hours for trial preparation and to advise law enforcement;
- Must be available to meet with detectives at crime scenes outside normal working hours;
- Demonstrated success as a prosecutor in all aspects of felony litigation;
- Preferred experience as a “first chair” prosecutor in criminal jury trials;
- Preferred experience as a “second chair” prosecutor in homicide and rape jury trials;
- Preferred knowledge of computers and computer operating systems;
- Must possess excellent research and writing skills; requisite understanding of relevant constitutional law and criminal procedure;
- Demonstrated success in dealing with detectives, representatives of the medical examiner’s office, and other outside agencies;
- Must be able to performs all other duties assigned, delegated or required of the Major Trial Assistant Prosecuting Attorney as well as those prescribed by law;
- Must possess qualities of fairness, a strong work ethic, have the highest integrity; and must also maintain the confidentiality of law enforcement and investigatory records and other confidential information;
- Must be able to conduct business in accordance with federal statutes and guidelines, the Ohio Revised Code, and the Ohio Administrative Code.
Juris Doctorate; licensed and in good standing to practice law in the State of Ohio;
Upload a letter of interest including your e-mail address, resume, writing sample and three professional references via the online application process.
Click here to view and apply to available Prosecutor's Office Postings:
Direct any further questions about the application procedure to:
Human Resources Manager
Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office
Justice Center, 9th Floor
1200 Ontario Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
All materials must arrive no later than 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 9, 2013.
ALL JOB OFFERS ARE MADE WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES PASS A DRUG TEST AND A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION PRIOR TO BEING HIRED.
Reasonable accommodation is available to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability that needs to be accommodated, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Equal Opportunity Employer; Smoke-free and Drug-free Workplace
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications