Assistant Prosecuting Attorney-In Charge-Juvenile
|Title:||Assistant Prosecuting Attorney-In Charge-Juvenile|
Job Title: Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Department: Juvenile Division
Reports To: Unit Supervisor Salary: $66,124.00
FUNCTION: Represents the State of Ohio in all delinquency and traffic matters in the Juvenile Division of the Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court; assists the Unit Supervisor with training and guiding the assistant prosecuting attorneys in the Juvenile Unit of the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office (CCPO), as well as working with the Unit Supervisor in charging, prosecuting, and responding to post-trial motions.
- Assists in supervising and in the daily operation of the Unit by directing assistant prosecutors in all delinquency and traffic cases in Juvenile Court, including the Intake Department of the CCPO.
- Trains assistant prosecutors for Unit work in litigation, charging, and post-trial motions;
- Reviews files for charging purposes and approves pleas;
- Advises and assists assistant prosecutors with answers to legal questions and issues;
- Insures that the goals and objectives of the County Prosecutor for the Office and the Juvenile Unit are met;
- Charges delinquency matters in Juvenile Court;
- Maintains liaison with local police and the community by attending meeting and community events;
- Assist in conducting performance evaluations of all staff;
- Attends and participates in group meetings and trainings; and
- Performs all other duties assigned, delegated or required of the Assistant Prosecuting Attorney – In Charge as well as those prescribed by law.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Prior experience in juvenile court or criminal litigation;
- Prior supervisory experience preferred;
- Must have knowledge of computers and computer operating systems;
- Must possess excellent research and writing skills; requisite understanding of relevant legal issues;
- Must be available to meet and work outside the normal working hours for trial preparation and to advise law enforcement;
- Must be available to attend community events as necessary;
- Must possess qualities of fairness, a strong work ethic, have the highest integrity; and must also maintain the confidentiality of law enforcement and investigatory records and other confidential information;
- Conducts business in accordance with federal statutes and guidelines, the Ohio Revised Code, and the Ohio Administrative Code.
Juris Doctorate; licensed and in good standing to practice law in the State of Ohio. Prior juvenile court or criminal litigation and supervisory experience preferred.
Upload a letter of interest including your e-mail address, resume, and three professional references via the online application process at:
Direct any further questions about the application procedure to:
Human Resources Manager
Position Open Until Filled
ALL JOB OFFERS ARE MADE WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES PASS A DRUG TEST AND A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION PRIOR TO BEING HIRED. THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO CIVIL SERVICE LAWS UNDER SECTION 124 OF THE OHIO REVISED CODE.
Reasonable accommodation is available to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability that needs to be accommodated, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Equal Opportunity Employer; Smoke-free and Drug-free Workplace